2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1 large egg, room temperature
2/3 cup whole milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup liquid fat
1. Preheat the oven to 200 C. Line a muffin tin with muffin liners or spray with nonstick spray.
2. In a large mixing bowl, sift together the all-purpose flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt. Alternatively, the ingredients can be whisked together well.
3. Any spices you might be adding would be added into the dry ingredients.
4. In a separate bowl, stir together the egg, milk, vanilla, and oil until well combined. If using any extracts they would be added into the wet ingredients.
5. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir with a spoon or rubber spatula until just combined.
6. Do not over-mix or the muffins will become tough. If using, fold in any add-ins.
7. Divide the batter evenly between the 12 muffin cups.
8. Bake at 400 F (205 C) for about 13-15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs .
Credit: Easy Recipes