Homemade spaghetti is a beloved classic that brings comfort and satisfaction to the dining table. This timeless dish combines al dente pasta with a flavorful tomato sauce, creating a hearty and delicious meal that the whole family can enjoy. Making spaghetti from scratch allows you to customize the flavors to your liking and adds a personal touch to every bite. In this article, we will explore the recipe for homemade spaghetti, providing you with step-by-step instructions, useful tips, and answering some frequently asked questions to ensure your spaghetti success.
|Spaghetti pasta||8 ounces|
|Olive oil||1 tablespoon|
|Medium onion (finely chopped)||1|
|Garlic (minced)||3 cloves|
|Ground beef or ground turkey||1 pound|
|Crushed tomatoes (canned)||28 ounces|
|Tomato paste (canned)||6 ounces|
|Dried basil||1 teaspoon|
|Dried oregano||1 teaspoon|
|Black pepper||To taste|
|Fresh basil leaves (for garnish)|
|Grated Parmesan cheese (for serving)|
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the spaghetti according to package instructions until al dente. Drain the cooked pasta and set aside.
- In a large skillet or saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the finely chopped onion and minced garlic, sautéing until they become fragrant and the onion turns translucent.
- Add the ground beef or ground turkey to the skillet, breaking it up with a spoon or spatula. Cook the meat until browned and cooked through.
- Stir in the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, dried basil, dried oregano, sugar, salt, and black pepper. Reduce the heat to low and let the sauce simmer for at least 15-20 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Taste the sauce and adjust the seasonings according to your preference. Add more salt, pepper, or herbs if desired.
- Once the sauce has simmered to your liking, remove it from the heat.
- Serve the cooked spaghetti in individual bowls or plates. Ladle the homemade sauce over the pasta, ensuring it coats the spaghetti evenly.
- Garnish the homemade spaghetti with fresh basil leaves and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Enjoy your homemade spaghetti while it’s still warm and comforting!